8.12.12

THE HARD WAY.

That's the football team's slogan.  It also describes the return of Nicole Jeray to the professional golf tour.
Jeray was diagnosed with narcolepsy in 1996, the year after she finished in the LPGA’s Top 30.

“I was actually relieved to find out it was that and not Lou Gehrig’s disease or something,” she said. “I didn’t know what I had. It could have been so much worse.”

Still, the early treatments weren’t promising for anyone, much less someone who makes their living playing golf eight hours a day.
There's been progress in medicine. There's still work to be done.
“I really think a cure is within reach,” Jeray said. “I was diagnosed as an adult, but when I see kids with it, it’s heartbreaking.

“I don’t want people to think, you can’t lead a normal life.”
More here.

No comments: