There's this annoying phenomenon called "scanner lag" with digital cameras.  With a high-end-enough camera, though, automatic mode captures the moment.
[USA Today sports photographer Steve] Mitchell was busy transmitting photos to his editors when [Chicago Bull center Joakim] Noah got thrown out of Game 2 Wednesday night. He said he didn’t even see the play, but once the commotion started, he grabbed his camera and started shooting.

“I see him arguing with the refs, so I quickly jump up and grab my Nikon 600 mm lens,” Mitchell said. “I see him get ejected and I see him walking and I’m just taking pictures, and as I’m taking these pictures, the shutter, which is a Digital SLR, is going so fast I can’t see her hand. I see him walking and I thought she was just trying to touch him.”
The back-story to the spectator caught behaving like a typical courtside basketball fan might be a parable of life among the noveaux riches.
So who is the woman behind the finger?

She's the 47-year-old widow of a hedge fund owner who, under mysterious circumstances, was found dead five years ago in the pool of the couple's mansion. It was her fourth husband.
Sounds like quite the piece of work.  The highlights, or lowlights, are enough to make a Marxist giggle.
In the documents, Filomena Tobias described herself as a "housewife" who spent $47,000 in expenses a month, including $4,400 for clothes, $1,500 for beauty salons and $5,000 for the upkeep of her Porsche and Range Rover, according to a 2007 Sun Sentinel article.

On Thursday, reacting to the backlash from Tobias' finger waving, her grown daughter told the Sun Sentinel in a phone interview that her mother "was having fun just like any other fan."

Victoria Racanati said her mother had this to say to her critics: "People need to get a life."
We've come a long way, though, from the adventures of Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel. Lawyers and hedge fund managers as exes are so declasse.

No comments: