21.11.13

NOVEMBER 22 COMES ON A FRIDAY.

It did, fifty years ago.

In keeping with the previous post, I offer a new way of thinking about November 22 on a Friday.
Greendale football wouldn't be the same without Keith Ringelberg and vice versa.

"When I got back from college, somebody asked me if I wanted to be an assistant," Ringelberg said. "I didn't know what that entailed, but I said sure. The relationships with the players and the coaches grow on you after a while."

Ringelberg is in his 27th season as an assistant coach at Greendale, and his twin sons, Josh and Jack, have helped the Panthers (13-0) reach the Division 3 state championship game against Monona Grove (13-0) at 10 a.m. Friday at Camp Randall Stadium.
I've had the opportunity to watch my nephew play for Greendale teams of various levels over the years, and hope to enjoy their game in Madison.

No comments: