5.4.17

TAKING STOCK.

Dennis Prager suggests It’s Time for Conservatives to Celebrate This President.  It's been an interesting first hundred days, but count me as approving of Judge Gorsuch being confirmed to the Supreme Court.  (If Senator Schumer chooses this hill to die on, that's a positive.)  Count me as approving of Ambassador Haley taking a stern tone with the United Nations.  Count me as approving of rolling back many of the regulations on the energy sector.

Yes, I'd like to see the Export-Import Bank defunded, and there are probably other manifestations of corporate welfare I'd like to zero out.  On occasion, I've offered to help Trump detractors advocate for defunding some of those projects.  My price: they help me advocate for defunding the endowments and bringing trade-tested betterments into health care.

So far, no takers.

But it's unlikely that with a Clinton presidency there'd be any defunding of anything.

No comments: