28.4.03

CLEAR ON THE CONCEPT. One of the tasks for which I draw a salary is directing the Office of Economic Education at Northern Illinois University, something that sort of came into the Karlson Empire by default. (Cold Spring Shops is by design, but I don't get paid for being Superintendent, unless somebody takes my fulminations against university administrations seriously, and pays me to kick some butt.)

One of the more pleasant parts of the Office of Economic Education's mission, getting sound economics into the elementary and secondary schools, is the annual Economics Concept Poster Contest. The kids sometimes come up with stuff that demonstrates great clarity on the concept. I have used some of the winning posters to shame, or to inspire, university economics classes. The winning and honorable mention entries in the Northern Illinois University regional poster contest are available here. I will provide a link to the state winners, should those be made available publicly.

No comments: