14.7.06

MAN WHO CAN STOP FIREFLY WITH DIGITAL CAMERA. It's a bit less difficult than catching a fly with a chopstick. There's one at the base of the tree.


Here's another one low to the ground.


As it gets darker, the camera stays open a bit longer. There's a blurred one to the left of the tree.

I can see two advantages to the digital camera: these three shots are culled from nearly thirty that I shot, and all three are further enhanced in the computer. The idea of tossing 27 negatives (I know, the pros will do that) is contrary to my Prussian, let alone my Puritan roots and I never did master the darkroom tricks that one could do to tweak both the negative and the print.

As with any other photographic tool, the secret is to practice and get to know what the equipment can do. Now to master the shutter lag ...

No comments: