No. It’s not.Perhaps that's the real reason for ascribing a racial component to logic or the scientific method. If people are cowed into acquiescing for fear that using logic or evidence is racist per se, it's easier to rule.
Silence – if you catch me silent at all – is me keeping my mouth shut while I figure out what I think, to say nothing of what I’m going to say. Your freedom of speech doesn’t give you the right to tell me what I’m going to say.
If your response to that is “there is only one thing to say”, and that’s to agree with your point of view – then most likely you’re trying to logroll and shame people into knocking off all that pesky thinking, and just acquiescing.
That is, in the absence of the less polite responses, including but not limited to profanity, fisticuffs, or buckshot.

No comments:
Post a Comment