5.2.25

NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE.

Sometimes there's a recognition lag.
Several years ago, I read a book--was it Chris Kyle's "American Sniper"?--and in a chapter about Navy SEAL training was this observation:  you could drop out if you wanted to, but if you decided it was a rash decision, they'd let you change your mind and stay in.  No one who changed their mind ever finished SEAL training; once that thought of quitting entered into your consciousness, it was impossible to shake.
That appeared at Right on the Left Coast in August 2023.

I was not aware that the thought of ringing out, even when your comrades first talked you out of it, led to candidates ringing out.
Last week, though, the thought of quitting entered into my consciousness. I thought no, I'll keep posting, but as in SEAL training, the thought is impossible to shake.

I've started some new activities, I need the time, and after almost 14,000 posts I'm ready to leave this blog in the ether and turn my time to these other pursuits. I'm sure that, once in awhile, I might be moved to post something, but I probably shouldn't--I should let it go, ending on my own terms, on what I consider a high note. I have some unfinished draft posts on some rather controversial topics that I'll leave unfinished.
Slowly I work through the blog-roll, and slowly, sometimes very slowly, it gets updated.

No comments: