The way I can pay for this is the $40 billion — for example — just making sure the largest companies don’t pay zero. And — and reducing the — the tax cut to between 25 and 28, it’s a couple hundred billion dollars. We can pay for these things.In the 1960s, there was a victory dividend to squander. Lyndon Johnson was of the view that we could have the guns and the butter. Vietnam is still notionally a communist country, and those model cities aren't.
I’m not talking about deficit spending. I’m talking about paying for it. And I won’t go — and I’m realizing getting too wonky, sharing and giving you too much detail. But the point is, what I’m proposing is badly needed, and able to be paid for and still grow — trickle down ain’t working very well, man. We got to build from the bottom and — up, and the middle out. That’s how we build America. That’s how we built it so well back in the ’60s.
There's some sort of fuzzy math, dear reader, when several spending plans are praying Congress to appropriate several trillion dollars, and the tax code changes are at best in the hundreds of billions.

No comments:
Post a Comment