Two Atlas F units from the original issue, circa 1972, extensively reworked with P&D Hobby Shop transmissions, more powerful can motors, and Ring Engineering onboard power control modules. The B unit, a P&D shell on a modified early Atlas chassis (yes, I scrounge all sorts of stuff at swap meets) is the battery car. Go ahead and complain about the phase variations on the grilles.
Those units feature in an end of summer video now available for your viewing pleasure.
They're leading the westbound Gull past the steel works and into Boston staging. If I weren't as obsessive about having interiors in the cars I build, there'd be diners and parlor cars for the day trains. The Gull got in before breakfast time, hauling Farmington milk for Borden, Maritimes fish, assorted parcels (were a few boots put on board at Freeport?) and interline sleepers from Halifax, Calais, and Van Buren. After the passenger train clears, the morning switcher goes to work, delivering scrap metal for the Open Hearth shop, then crossing over to work General Electric on the inward side.
They're leading the westbound Gull past the steel works and into Boston staging. If I weren't as obsessive about having interiors in the cars I build, there'd be diners and parlor cars for the day trains. The Gull got in before breakfast time, hauling Farmington milk for Borden, Maritimes fish, assorted parcels (were a few boots put on board at Freeport?) and interline sleepers from Halifax, Calais, and Van Buren. After the passenger train clears, the morning switcher goes to work, delivering scrap metal for the Open Hearth shop, then crossing over to work General Electric on the inward side.


No comments:
Post a Comment