3.3.12

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY TWENTY QUESTIONS.

I'm doing your company a favor by purchasing your goods or services.  I'm not interested in signing up for your own charge card (a single-store charge card is so 1948) or your frequent buyer club no matter how much money I'll allegedly save by signing up.   I prefer retailers that let me make my purchases and go without a lot of delay at the register.

Are you listening, Barnes and Noble? Carmike Cinemas?  Carson Pirie Scott?

And Farm and Fleet, Office Max, Penney's: my zip code is none of your business.

2 comments:

Wilson said...

How do you feel about "upselling"? It seems to be the latest trend. You buy a newspaper at the shop in the airport. The cashier asks, "Any water, chips or candy to go with that sir?" Yes, I'm sure it's worth it for the one customer in ten who buys something that he otherwise would not have, but it annoys me. And I'm sure it annoys the cashier, having to say it.

Stephen Karlson said...

There's a reason "do you want fries with that?" has such resonance as a pejorative punch line in jokes about liberal arts majors.