It's difficult to be a seasonal business on the outskirts of a metropolitan area. "In the land of four seasons, a summer-only enterprise, such as an amusement park or a drive-in movie theater, leads a perilous existence, particularly as urban development gets closer."
The economic argument is straightforward enough, although I surely went to it often enough when I was still teaching introductory price theory, and over the years I've documented the end times of various amusement parks and Kiddielands.
And yet, Pajamas Media's Matt Margolis is asking, "Will the Coronavirus Pandemic Bring Back Drive-In Movies?" The key take-away? "[C]ouples have enjoyed the relative privacy of the drive-in theater as well." In fact, the practice the major theater chains engage in of a half hour of previews, which is annoying in a traditional theater, might be a welcome opportunity for those diversions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment