I've known for a while that there is another option. You can take the train PAST Secaucus to HOBOKEN. There is a train called the PATH train that runs from Hoboken terminal right to 14th street. It always seemed like it would be more trouble, and probably more expensive, since I have no idea how much the additional PATH ticket costs. Well, I recently learned that not only is the PATH ticket just $2... same as the subway I take down from Penn each day, but today I found out that a monthly ticket to Hoboken is FIFTY DOLLARS CHEAPER A MONTH than the ticket I've been buying to Penn Station.Congestion surcharges at Penn? The cheaper trip also has to be less burdensome, as his original routing, unless he's on one of the new Lackawanna Electric service trains going directly to Penn Station, involves a change to the Pennsy at Secaucus and another change to the subway at Penn Station. Other Lackawanna Electric trains run directly to Hoboken, where there has been a change to the Tubes for years.
8.12.05
IN LIEU OF MANHATTAN TRANSFER. Doctor Silence discovers there's an easier way than leaving the Pennsylvania Station at a quarter to four.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment