Maybe being perceived as unserious is part of the gig, or perhaps it's to not have more gravitas than the vice president.
Obviously, Ms. Psaki is an intelligent woman or she wouldn’t have been given such an important position. When I listen to her, however, I am not paying attention to what she is saying. Instead, I am focusing on the end of her sentences. Just like verbal tics (um, ah, and ‘you know’), moving your inflection up at the end of each sentence is distracting.Who knew Raggedy Ann was a valley girl?
In today’s business world, many women are struggling to be taken seriously. Unfortunately, poor vocal habits can make that struggle that much more difficult. If you are ending your sentences on the upswing in which your voice rises at the end of your statement, then you are asking a question and not making a statement. This sounds neither confident nor mature.

No comments:
Post a Comment