3.9.06

NOW THAT EVERYBODY'S BACK IN CLASS. Via Sherman Dorn, the Top 10 No-Sympathy Lines, with recommended responses by Wisconsin-Green Bay geologist Steven Dutch, whose disclaimer page includes a general rule that bears emphasizing.
The Internet is not a substitute for library research and I will not assist searchers who try to use it that way. Sorry to sound unfriendly, but I am seeing a lot of requests for information that can easily be found in textbooks or libraries. When I get such a request, I will respond with advice to visit your local public or university library, with a few suggestions for where to begin searching. The vast majority of useful information is in print, not on the Web, and between copyright issues and the expense of creating and maintaining web sites, it will remain that way for a long time to come.
Maybe I should compile a Consolidated Code of General Rules and a calendar with the Rule of the Day. Professor Dutch's would be a good start.

No comments: