That's not a big boy. To ferroequinologists, this is a Big Boy.
Gastronomes might know the precursor of the Big Mac.
Did you know Kamala Harris likes cheeseburgers? You know, that sesame seed bun in three segments brings to mind the three circles of your basic Venn Diagram. You also know that her enjoyment of cheeseburgers comes with a word salad.
Kamala Harris, lest Americans think otherwise, conceded she loves cheeseburgers. She didn’t seem too proud of it: “I mean just to be very honest with you; I love cheeseburgers from time to time. Right. I mean I—I just do,” she said, before gesturing toward the incentives and educational programs she’d institute to encourage moderation in eating. CNN’s Erin Burnett pushed Harris: Would she change the dietary guidelines “to reduce red meat specifically?” Because she is a woman of courage, Harris admitted: “Yes, I would.”We have much to look forward to, don't we?
Over the weekend, I was getting my fill of warbirds enroute to Oshkosh and savoring some hard-fought Brewer wins over the Twins. Wireless connectivity meant that as people were queueing to walk through a B-29 the news of Mr Biden opting not to stand for re-election was rippling along the flight line. As if July hasn't brought all sorts of surprises already.
The issue isn't Mr Biden's physical state alone. Stephen "Vodka Pundit" Green summarizes the stakes. "Whoever ends up being the Democrat nominee will be every bit as radical as Joe Biden—or worse. If Democrats win in November, we'll be looking at record inflation, a massive increase in the national debt, wide-open borders, more violence nationwide, and increased radicalization of K-12 and higher education." I repeat, because repeat I must, and I will repeat it again, an observation from before the switcheroo: "In particular, should the Democrats swap out the current figurehead for a new figurehead carrying out the policy preferences of the Jarrett regency, the Libertarians and Republicans had best have policy-based arguments, whether building on Professor Cowen's points or on their own work, ready to go."
Although the party establishment seems to be concurring on promoting the current vice-president to the top of the ticket, Common Dreams contributor Richard Eskow alludes to internal struggles within the Democrat coalition.
I do dislike being gaslit. Most people do. Biden’s allies have been gaslighting voters for too long, creating distrust that could doom Democratic candidates up and down the ballot. And they’re not the only ones being gaslit. So is Biden himself. Like an aging pugilist in an old movie, he’s being manipulated by people who have put their own interests above his. They’ve let Biden think he can still win. That’s cruel. It’s even crueler to keep pushing him into appearances where he says things like, “By the way, I’m proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, first black woman, to serve with a black president.”The greater gaslighting is still out there, for the Libertarians and Republicans to point out. The Democrats papered over those divisions selling Mr Biden as some sort of centrist, which proved to be nonsense within a month of his taking office; and they will point to the money printing and legislation passed by the margin of Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema as Great Accomplishments, never mind that there will be more crumbled infrastructure at the end of the fiscal year than there was at its beginning; and Ms Harris is unable to credibly offer the corporatist wing of her coalition anything without the communist wing raising hell.




No comments:
Post a Comment