18.1.21

A DIFFERENT SORT OF HARD COUNT FROM AARON RODGERS.

A week ago, he matched Barstool Sports's Dave Portnoy, putting money up for a fund to tide the eateries over until the governors come to their senses.  More recently, he explained the importance of doing so.
"I think there was such a need. If you look around our environment today, it's not like the government is really helping anybody out in a timely fashion," Rodgers explained. "I mean, they took forever to figure out how to give $600 checks away, and then you know may or may not get to $2,000 at this point. That's not life-changing money," he said. "What Dave and his folks are doing with the Barstool Fund is life-changing money. It's sustainability for these people, and I think that's the thing you gravitate toward the most is just not having a reliance on the government to help you out, because it's obviously shown that's not going to be the way they're going to do it."
That doesn't sound like something you'd put on a bumper-sticker. But forty is young for a politician.
The quarterback slammed politicians' Wuhan coronavirus restrictions, especially when those making the rules can't follow them.

"I mean, they put these rules in place. They're not even following their own rules. How many people have gotten caught? 'Don't travel. Don't leave the state.' Oh, here's so-and-so on a vacation. Oh, here's so-and-so at a salon. 'Don't eat out at a restaurant unless you're wearing a mask and separate.' Oh, here's a picture of the governor of California violating those rules. Oh, public schools are closed, but I can send my kids to a private school in person," he said, referencing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Gov. Gavin Newsom.

"It's like, I mean, for us to count on the government to help us out is becoming a joke at this point," Rodgers said.
Here's the full interview.


For now, he has some football to play.  On the other hand, keeping the eateries open in order for people to hang out as the Bucks post-season and the Brewers season get under way before training camp resumes is a cause worth supporting.

No comments: