9.1.21

WATCH THIS SPACE.

It's easier to complete most of the scenery on a stretch of model railroad that will be harder to reach after other parts of the layout start taking shape.  Such is the case where the entrance of the Eastern Route Main Line ducks under the Gloucester Branch on its way into staging.


First, the falsework to support the plaster cloth along the wall, and the beginnings of a retaining wall at left.  If I've done this correctly, the ditching I'm providing for will channel the water if something bad happens.  The Gloucester Branch will make an S curve (it's the same way of gaining space you see on the Chicago Loop) in the foreground.


A few days later, there's more of the retaining wall in place (more sections to finish this, using Chooch peel-and-stick components, are on order) and the support for the plaster cloth is finished.  It's thinking time, do I tackle this right now, or work from the top down, on the theory that some of the mess from above might be more easily tidied up with a less finished section here?  Stay tuned.

No comments: