10.1.21

A PRIVATE EFFORT TO KEEP THE EATERIES OPEN.

Aaron Rodgers and Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy have put up the first million bucks.
Rodgers told Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy on Instagram Live on Friday that he’s matching Portnoy’s initial $500,000 donation that started The Barstool Fund, a charitable organization supporting businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I just want to get involved,” Rodgers said. “I’m in. I want to be in at the same amount you put in. You started at $500,000, that’s what I’m in for. It’s an honor to be a part of it.”

The Barstool Fund has now raised over $22 million and helped 102 different businesses as of Sunday morning.

Rodgers believes the charity is helping businesses by “doing something that the government isn’t doing.” The fund is providing “life-changing money” for businesses as soon as two or three days.

Rodgers also called on teammates and others to help the businesses he described as the “backbone of this country.”
There's more than one way to be most valuable player. Green-nineteen.

No comments: