There are a few more titles to report on for the end of 2013. A few books were pretty good (+) and others failed to impress (-). Links refer to reviews as posted at the Challenge.
- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Berlin, 2 July 2013.
- The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America, 3 July 2013 (+).
- A Chain of Thunder: A Novel of the Siege of Vicksburg, 4 July 2013 (+).
- The Crisis of the Old Order: The Age of Roosevelt, 5 July 2013 (-).
- A Consumer's Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America, 8 July 2013.
- American Dreamers: How the Left Changed a Nation, 30 July 2013.
- Why Orwell Matters, 6 August 2013 (+).
- 3001: The Final Odyssey, 8 August 2013.
- Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream -- and Why It Matters, 9 August 2013.
- Confessions of a Community College Administrator, 18 August 2013 (+).
- America-Lite: How Imperial Academia Dismantled Our Culture (and Ushered in the Obamacrats), 25 August 2013 (-)
- Enjoy the Decline: Accepting and Living with the Death of the United States, 27 August 2013 (-).
- Paying for the Party: How College Maintains Inequality, 29 August 2013.
- The Relentless Revolution: A History of Capitalism, 4 September 2013.
- Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot, 26 December 2013.
- Predator Nation: Corporate Criminals, Political Corruption, and the Hijacking of America, 27 December 2013.
It has not been a good year for bookworm growth.
(Cross-posted to 50 Book Challenge.)